Sunday, December 04, 2005

The End dude...

I thought about it and I 'm still thinking about it, but I don't think this blog really has a reason to live anymore.

The point is, I started it when I was still living in Greece, and, I guess, it had a little interest for some people, since it was written in English and could therefore be read by people who weren't Greek- and might find me an interesting specimen (kinda exotic like, althought probably a bit rural). In fact, it was mostly read by people who were English or American, as I 'd have expected. Them's the ones who care to read about other trannies' lives, it appears.

At least one Greek girl read the blog while it was going on but we never got round to actually meeting each other. What would have been the point, anyway? Our lives couldn't have been too much different from each others'. My keeping a blog must have been my only original trait, as a Greek tranny... and it's not necessarily something that would make me look cool and fun to be around. Quite the contrary- it must have made me look geeky and boring.

And now I 'm in England and what's the point of keeping this thing up? I 'm just another trannie in the UK, another trannie in the English speaking world, where fucking Androcur costs over a hundred Euros to buy online and you can't just walk into Boots and get it without a prescription (as you can in Greece, for half that price). People don't even stare at me in the streets. Nothing that happens in my life is at all unexpected or unknown anymore. So what's the point?

Besides, the English have this thing about social classes (they're fucking discriminating bastards) so me being who I am, I understand most blogging trannies out there would rather go sepuku, than be seen around with me...

Well, it's OK. If I wanted to hang out with trannies, I 'd have done it back home. In fact, there's nothing I can do here that I couldn't have done back home if I felt like it, but that's another point. To tell the truth, I 'd feel a bit embarassed meeting some of the people live that I know from their blogs. Suddendly, now that the opportunity actualy presented itself I didn't look forward to it as much as I had thought I would. Neither, it seems, did some of those people themselves. And that's enough said, 'cause I don't wanna end this in a way that would offend people too much.

So there. No more tranny blogging for me. Real life waits.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, well that's a pity. I enjoyed it while it lasted.

Thanks, Stassa.

Ellen

5/12/05 17:18  
Blogger Stassa said...

S' efxaristo kali mou. Take care.

9/12/05 20:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Stassa, you have my email address, I love your aptitude for seeing through bullshit. It would be nice to meet, not a trannie though, just you. =)

How's the uni thing going for her? How are you settling in?

Hail the Chavs!

You have my email address. ;)

Tata for now!

Sarah

11/12/05 16:59  
Blogger Rachel said...

Whoa! Sorry to see ya pack yer bags, hon.

Yours is very definitely a different blog from the usual T-Blog stuff, so sorry it's come to an end...

Hugz Rachel

13/12/05 00:46  
Blogger Karol Cross said...

I only discovered your blog pretty recently but I've enjoyed the visits.

I was looking forward to your perspective on life in England. And I guess this entry says a lot about that.

Hope you change your mind.
But take care whatever you decide.
Karol

16/12/05 01:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, I'd been reading the blog since its days in the geocities site - very on & off, though - & I'm sorry to see it go. I really enjoyed your writing - I've told you so before - for reasond i can hardly fathom :). Mabye also because I admired how there could be a greek trannie who was so open with her identity (that's not the image I have of my be...hated fatherland). Take care & good luck with everything, hey!

5/3/06 18:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wrath of god?

Angel of Death...

Kill Them All & Loot The Bodies

Tot Same

http://www.livejournal.com/allpics.bml?user=goblyndick

~gobLyn

7/5/06 17:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kρίμα που τώρα που τό 'βρα, το έχεις ήδη κλείσει...

Πολλά χρόνια έχουμε να τα πούμε, κι απ' ό,τι φαίνεται... έγιναν πολλά!
:)

Αν δεις αυτό και ενδιαφέρεσαι να μάθεις τι κάνει ο από χρόνια γνωστός σου Παππούς, έμπα στο καλύβι.

Να είσαι καλά. Ως λένε και οι Αγγλόφωνοι,
Take care.

Πεινάω-σα-λύκος

9/8/07 14:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ehm... kati ksexasa:

http://pappous-christophorus.blogspot.com.

Βye...

9/8/07 14:48  
Blogger Vickie Davis said...

Dear Stassa,

I just found you yesterday and now you are signing off. Darn!

I wish my real life was good enough to quit all this blogging and reading too, but so far it isn't, sad to say.

I did enjoy your work and will go look at your old posts to see what I missed.

I think you and your pictures are gorgeous, and I know you will do well.

I do know one very nice tranny in London, who I met on one of her trips to Dallas for E3000, and then again at SCC. Write me and I'll send you her picture and contact information, if you like.

Do post occasionally so we can keep in touch. I have you logged in to my Google Reader, so it won't take too long to find and read your posts.

Good luck and be well,

Hugs,

Vickie

4/12/07 01:51  
Blogger Vickie Davis said...

LOL

I should have looked at the date! You are long gone and I already know where you are blogging now. I am happy now.

Hugs,

Vickie

4/12/07 02:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home