Second Generation Sex Change Operation
I 've been following the news on stem cell research and I think it's about time someone starts experimenting with growing sexual organs from them. They 're already growing lung tissue.
A womb, gonads of either sex, erectile tissue, of either sex, all the things that every transsexual has ever dreamed he could have transplanted into his body to "fix" it (beuagh, but, besides the point) could be really available to us in the next two decades. Not in a hundred years or in a few generations: in the next twenty years. And they could be just as commercially available as that fucking horrible act of butchery we have to endure instead. Preferrably, more, but then, no chance for that, huh?
It might have sounded like science fiction a few decades ago, but then, so many other things have, that are every-day reality today. And the last five or so years scientists have made leaps and bounds down the road to growing new healthy organs with the right genetic material to be accepted from a particular organism, from stem cells. Organs grown like that would never be rejected once transplanted, or, actually, implanted, because the body they 'd be implanted into would recognise them as a part of it. Patients wouldn't need to spend the rest of their lives taking drugs to suppress their immune system. There would be no compatibility issues at all. And there wouldn't be any need for actual donors- you wouldn't have to wait around for someone to die to get their kidneys or heart or lungs or liver... or ovaries...
Come to that, I don't think I know why it's never been possible to date to transplant sexual organs of one sex to a body of the other. Maybe the fact that, come on, what would a genetical man do with a womb? Would a transplanted womb withstand the strain of pregnacy? OK, maybe that makes sense but... I know there must be completely different issues involved in even attempting a transplant of ovaries in the first place. Probably some stupid morality thing or something like that. In any case, I 've never been able to find any information on the internet for that and, you 'd think, instead of all the bonanza of trivia on how many orgasms you can have with a neovagina per second per square milimiter of neocletoris, some sites could have a few words on that matter instead... If I was a transexual activist, which I 'm not and never gonna be, I know I 'd lobby from heaven to hell for research on that.
Think about it. I mean, we already have to pay unreasonably high prices for a cut-and-reverse job that leaves us sterile and beyond any hope of ever being capable of having children, ever. Why not throw a bit of a solution to that particular problem, which, believe me, does very much matter for some people, in the package to boot?
Me, for example, if I knew I could become a mother... I 'd do anything for it. Because I 'd like to bring a child in the world. My only chance ever to give it a hope to be a better place to live in, in the future, you know?
And there's probably other ways to go too, to turn men into women and women into men without having to go through with all this suffering and blood and gore. Gene therapy, for example, though I haven't done my homework on this, but I know it's probably already being used to make better athletes (as in, people specualte that the Athens Olympics were the first were genetic doping was used... stuff like that...), but it's an idea. I 'd like to know, for once, why nobody from the transexual community discuss those ideas, when they 're all so vocal about everything else that has to do with transexual rights. If I have the right to have an empty vagina, I have even more of a right to have a fully assorted one, no? Oh, well, when I think about it seriously, I put it down to how little would most alreay operated transexuals care to support the idea of inventing a better way to do what has already cost them a fortune and a life.
I don't care. You can't stop progress, because if you try, it means you don't understand it, so you 're already handicapped for the task... In a couple decades, transexuals won't have to go throurh with all the bullshit we have today and the world will already be a little bit of a better place to live in. I can wait. I just hope I 'll be alive the day when a born man brings a healthy son or daughter to the world.
Not because I 'm any more of a familly person than I used to, OK? I 'm still the antisocial fuck I 've always been... but... well... that's a whole different ball game, you know?
1 Comments:
I just wanted to add something to the fact that if we had the means to transplant ovaries and wombs, and penises and vaginas and all that, transexuals would be just one small group of people to benefit. Women and men with birth defects, victims of accidents or disease and even some women after menopause would be the natural first ones to do so.
But that is never a concern of the transexual community. Of course.
Post a Comment
<< Home