Fire Walk With Me
Here's a little test thingy I made with Game Maker 6, a few weeks ago.
http://www.geocities.com/yegoblynqueenne/FireWalkWithMe.zip
I had to seriously cut back on quality to make it small enough for uploading and downloading, but it's still rather huge, I mean it's 3 MBs. And you can't do anything but just look around you (use the Left and Right arrows). It's not too smooth either. I cut every second frame out to save space.
Anyway it's just a slideshow, like in Myst (and Riven... for Exile they used a proper 3D engine that moved a camera around inside a skysphere skinned with their beautiful prerendered backs. I guess they did the same with Myst 4). The "frames" I just mentioned are really stills taken from a 3D scene in Max. I put a camera in the center (well, more or less) of the scene and had it make a full rotation around its' self, then output the whole seq in jpgs.
And the reason I got into all this trouble was because I was fooling around with Game Maker 6, which is a great little progy for making any kind of 2D games, but only has very limited 3D capabilities. Yeah, I know I wasn't supposed to start with anything too complicated for my first game, but I got sorta carried away.
Anyway, I had a nice idea for a game, but it stopped dead when I got Rome: Total War and Vampire... duh... Ah well, I 'm almost done with Vampire, so I guess I 'll be continuing with my own gamey soon. Stay tuned and all.
And keep a few hundreds of MBs free in your HD...
P.S. Btw, yeah, that room was meant to have no door. It's an allegory for my life as a TS, impasse and all, you ignorant, so stop being a smartass, OK? I said I was only a-testing.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home