LA By NIght
Now, did I destroy her life, or gave her one? Well, I asked her to change again 'cause I was afraid I 'd rupture some internal organ, I laughed so much. And she turned into this:
Ah well. I always wanted a life-sized barbie doll with many outfits to change between. I wonder if she's got any more. We 'll see next time I 'm home.
Nights in LA are going fine. I 've been a bad girl, I 've been a butchers' daughter, I 've killed a couple innocents, or, in any case, people who hadn't done me any wrong, I mean, to me personally... One was this ghoul chick whose master had died, everybody told her so but she would just not believe them and she was a real obnoxious twat. She kept busting the balls of every kindred in town so some anarch asked me if I could do something about it. Well, best thing I could do was to kill the poor wretch... I regretted it, mainly 'cause I don't want anyone to think I 'm some kinda killer puppet, who you can wind up and point to the right direction and she'll do all your dirty job for you, but, there you have it, now it's done, I shouldave been more careful. And then I killed that street working girl, completely unintentionally, honest. I gave her thirty bucks for a trick, supposedly- in reality, I just wanted some of her juice, which of course she couldn't have known and I didn't want to suck her dry, but I didn't stop soon enough and she fell dead. Ah well. Next time I 'm gonna be more careful. And I didn't even get my money back, I was so shocked by what I 'd done...
Anyway, most of the kindred I met so far are total assholes and you can't trust them one bit. In one corner, you got the prince jester himself, La Croix, who treats me like his pawn or something... well, at least he's not trying to sell me big ideals and equality, like the anarchs are. He orders me around a lot and I don't really have anything better to do than obey him... The Anarchs, well, frankly they suck. OK, so we all do. But, them. The Vampire liberation front or something, they think they are. They don't even try to hide how much they despise me for sticking with the Camarilla, but it's not like they have anything better to propose. They want to be free of the ancients who rule us all through the curse of the blood we share with them, but they don't really have a clue how to do that. At least two of them, Jack and Nines Rodriguez, they 've been pretty helpful... Nines saved my butt from the Sabbat (they figured it was all theirs after I blew up a warehouse they owned in Santa Monica) and him and Jack stood up for me the very night I was -ilegally- sired... Still, I guess they 're more into harassing and opposing La Croix everytime they get the chance, and as for the Sabbat, that's the one thing they share with the Camarilla, fear for and hate of it, so they did help me, but they were also going on with their own agendas too. Unfortunately, it looks like Nines is the one responsible for the untimely Final Death of Dr. Grout, the Malkavian primogen. La Croix had sent me to find him, 'cause he had gone AWOL and guess whose numbered face I found there... I just had no alternative but to tell on him, otherwise it was my ass on the line... well, not exactly, but I had to tell the truth, otherwise... whatever, there was this stupid vampire hunter who tried to have me burned in Grouts' mansion, but he wasn't the one who killed Grout, Grout was already dead when Bach (the hunter) got there. And when I told La Croix that Grout was dead and Bach had burned the place down, La Croix thought it was Bach who did the elder in. I thought it'd be better to dissuade him, 'cause, you know, there might be a bigger threat for us all than Bach, so I told him I saw Nines leaving the mansion before I found Grouts' ashes and before Bach created his very own pile from Grouts' mansion.
But then La Croix declared a blood hunt on Nines. Ooops. I really didn't mean that. Stupid.
I 'm not sure Nines is really the one who killed Grout, though (if Grout's really dead and it wasn't another kindreds' ashes I found there). La Croix was just looking for a chance to do away with Nines anyway. But there's lotsa weird stuff going on around LA. There's this ancient coffer that's just arrived by ghost ship, the Ankharan Sarcophagus it's called. It was on board the Elizabeth Dane, that found its' way to Santa Monica, but without her crew, or, without any of them alive.
La Croix sent me there, to see what was going on and what I found was a floating slaughterhouse, full of corpses and copses. They took the sarcophagus to the museum, but when I got there to snoop around it, all I found was Becket, a Gangrel who passes for an intellectual around the night... who had come for the same reason as I... which reason had grown wings and flown away... It was stolen. I 'm still tracking it down, 'cause La Croix will just not let go of it. It seems it found its' way all the way to Chinatown, which is bad news, 'cause there's the domain of the Kuei-Jinn... asian vampires who look down their nose on everything western, especially western vampires. Dah, racists. At least they don't seem to have any particular interest for the contents of the box, except as a bargaining card to deal with the Camarilla.
Anyway, La Croix and everybody else think the sarcophagus contains not a mummy, but a very unliving Antediluvian, an ancient vampire. And that his coming is a sign that Gehenna, the vampiric analogue of an Apocalypse is at the gates. La Croix is after it probably because he has some silly notion that he can diablerize the ancient, drink his blood and gain his power. At least that's what the anarchs think. I find it hard to believe that La Croix can be such an idiot as to think he can deal with the ancient... I think I 'll have to kill them both, in the end. Oh, but I 'm just a pawn in this game... Well, yeah. But, unless the ancient in the sarcophagus is Malkav himself, this pawn is going to be a queen soon... if it was Malkav, I 'd go for being his queen, 'cause I 'm still looking for that father figure. Dr. Grout was a Malkavian like him and he was a real nutcase, but I was really looking forward to meeting him, 'cause, you know, he sounded like someone who I could really understand and who could really understand me too... But now it seems he's dead. Hah. I bet it was La Croix who had him killed and Nines and the blood hunt against him was the icing on the cake. Ach, these power- hungry idiots... Hmph.
I 've had a nice evening last night and tonight too. I went down to the sewers to find the Nosferatu who had retreated there... they were scared away by the abominations fleshcrafted by that Tsimizce Sabbat priest, I think he was called Andrei. I whooped Andreis' ass a bit and then I was killing his little pets all night, looking for the Nosferatu warrens. I took a lot of pictures of Andrei and his little (and bigger) friends, but I must have lost the memstick somewhere... I 'll ask the Nossies next time I 'm there if they found it anywhere. Anyway, I got the extra memstick and I have some nice shots of their house under the earth in it... It looks so cool! It's like a whole realm under the surface and I just love their interior decoration sense. Here, look at that:
Isn't it the sweetest place you 've ever seen? They made it all themselves I think and everything in it must be stuff they 've scavenged from the surface, or that floated its' way down there. This is the local computer geek they have in charge of all things digital. I forget his name.
I also met that ex-model bitch who was embraced by Garry as a lesson on life and narcissism or something like that. She's rather bitter and she's got a huge ish with this other model who's not a Nosferatu (...yet?), whose life she wants to ruin completely. I tried to take a few shots of her but they 're sorta burned... Well, I find her cool and cute, to tell the truth, but it seems she didn't learn her lesson after all... oh well...
Ok, so that's it for tonight. I 'll try to dig up some more shots for later. 'Till then, have fun.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home